Prepared by Maree Armansin
The QCA Committee held a zoom meeting in December 2018 and a face to face meeting in January 2019 where we revisited the current Strategic Plan. We have created an action list for the New Year.
Action Items of note include the following:
- Development of a student brochure for marketing to our Queensland Universities
- Financial forecasting analysis to be undertaken to address expenditure and viability over the next few years
- An update and review of our current policies and procedures
- A model to audit and sample professional development and supervision requirements of our membership
- The promotion of endorsed Supervision programs
- The dissemination of research papers to members
- A communication and marketing plan to be developed
So, as you can see, there is lots to do and we have a fantastic committee working hard for you.
If you missed out on last Friday’s professional development with Jaime Yasky, on Emotional Regulation you missed a treat; so put a date claimer in your diary now for the first Friday of each month as we now have a complete program of PD lined up and locked in.
Our first full day Saturday PD session is on March 23 from 8.30 – 4.00 pm with Susan De Campo who is addressing Practical strategies for Working with Trauma in the short, medium and long term. It is at a very reasonable cost so be sure to book in quickly.
Maria Brett the CEO of PACFA will be coming to Brisbane to address us on “The future of counselling in Australia” on 3 May. We will let you know more about that and the full calendar of events later.
We received a small grant from the Gambling Community Benefit Fund and were able to purchase a video camera so that our Friday night sessions can be video recorded and uploaded onto the website. This will allow all our members access to these sessions online no matter where you are. Florence has kindly arranged to do this for us.
Thanks to those that volunteered to assist the PD committee – having that support is critical to our success and Karen Belbin who has joined the committee as the PD Chairperson will be in touch to organise assistance for each PD session.
I look forward to a rewarding, enlightening and successful year of counselling and being in touch with all of you over the year ahead.