QCA insurance requirements

QCA Registrants are required to have professional indemnity insurance cover in place and to maintain continuous cover for the duration of their registration. It is prudent to have public liability insurance in addition to your professional indemnity insurance.

As QCA is a Member Associations of PACFA practising members are required to maintain insurance cover as a condition of membership.

Counsellors and psychotherapists in private practice should always take out appropriate insurance cover. If you are employed by a government or non-government agency, or by a private business, you will usually be covered by your employer’s insurance policy, however, you should check with your employer that you are fully covered and arrange your own insurance cover if you have any concerns about your coverage.

Professional Indemnity & Insurance Brokers

While QCA does not endorse any particular insurance company, these are some of the insurance brokers that PACFA and QCA have network with:

It is your responsibility to arrange your own insurance and to determine the policy that best meets your needs.